Easy Digital Downloads Fraud Monitor
Fraud is a genuine threat to eCommerce shops and can be exceptionally costly to the shopkeeper. A solitary deceitful transaction can conveniently cost you $150 or more. If you aren’t currently proactively working against it, you must be.
Besides being expensive to take care of, fraud can also harm save procedures as merchant processors often disable settlement accounts if the fraudulence price is high. This can occur without warning and cause severe issues. Protecting against illegal transactions on your eCommerce website is among the most vital points you, as a shopkeeper, can make.
Fraud Monitor is an extension that adds durable monitoring to your Easy Digital Downloads shop and helps you immediately identify possible illegal acquisitions, allowing you to relax quickly and concentrate on growing your service instead of fighting scams.
Each time a purchase is made, Fraud Monitor runs the information via a series of checks and will automatically flag the purchase as requiring additional testimonials if it identifies anything dubious.
When an acquisition is flagged as potentially illegal, an email can be supplied instantly to the website admin and the consumer to request added info necessary for confirming the purchase. Once a website manager assesses the acquisition, the invoice and download links can be released to the client. If the acquisition is validated to be fraudulent, Fraud Screen enables you to conveniently turn around the settlement, avoiding costly chargebacks or fraud charges in the future.
Scams Display consists of the ability to moderate payments when:
- An email address matches typical scam patterns
- An IP address has currently been flagged as possible fraud
- An acquisition comes from a trading post proprietors recognize as having high fraud prices
- A purchasing pattern consists of item combinations that a typical client wouldn’t acquire
- A purchase has an abnormally high total
- A purchase has an unusually high number of products
- An acquisition is made from outside a specific span with the payment address
- A store owner by hand flags a repayment to be assessed or as deceptive
In addition to all those, Scams Monitor can additionally flag a payment for evaluation during the file download procedure when:
- The download request stems from a country the shopkeeper has identified as having high fraud rates
- A download demand is made within 24 hours of the first acquisition and is from a different country than the acquisition was made